Buffalo Beer Cheese Fries
This recipe for buffalo beer cheese fries was provided by Bake Your Day and it takes 25 minutes to complete. . It is great for father's day It is actually a very popular recipe.This one is not a sustainable recipe, so if you are concerned about the environment then maybe this one isn't for you. Right now it is sitting pretty with 3820 likes. There is dairy in this recipe, so anyone who is lactose intolerante might want to pass on it. Unfortunately, this one isn't gluten free. If gluten is something you are trying to avoid, then this recipe might not be the best option. This recipe fits perfectly with the lacto ovo vegetarian diet.
- 1 cup beer (I used a pilsner)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen french fries
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, finely shredded
- 4 ounces cup pepper jack cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cook the french fries according to package directions . Try to get them as crispy as possible to avoid them getting too soggy!While the fries cook, make the beer cheese sauce:Over medium heat, melt the butter in a medium sauce pan .
- Whisk in the flour and continue to whisk for 2 to 3 minutes until the flour is fully incorporated, the mixture is smooth and slightly golden brown .
- Add in the beer and milk and whisk until the mixture begins to thicken . Reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting .
- Add the hot sauce, stir in the cheese, and season to taste with salt and pepper . Stir occasionally while assembling the fries . assemble:Layer the fries on a plate or platter .
- Drizzle about half of the beer cheese sauce over the cooked fries .
- Add a layer of green onion, blue cheese, cilantro .
- Serve with additional beer-cheese sauce for dipping . Cassie's Notes:This recipe is easily doubled to serve a large crowd . Try adding some cooked, shredded chicken to the top of the sauce as well .
Nutrients Per Serving:
736.3 cal   /   36.81% daily need*
50.62 g   /   77.87% daily need*
- Saturated Fat
26.3 g   /   164.4% daily need*
44.1 g   /   14.7% daily need*
2.45 g   /   2.72% daily need*
95.35 mg   /   31.78% daily need*
1834.51 mg   /   79.76% daily need*
2.3 g   /   12.78% daily need*
24.62 g   /   49.24% daily need*
635.86 mg   /   63.59% daily need*
484.31 mg   /   48.43% daily need*
- Vitamin K
32.57 µg   /   31.02% daily need*
- Vitamin B2
0.47 mg   /   27.4% daily need*
- Vitamin C
20.98 mg   /   25.44% daily need*
5.72 g   /   22.86% daily need*
- Vitamin A
1142.72 IU   /   22.85% daily need*
15.66 µg   /   22.37% daily need*
696.08 mg   /   19.89% daily need*
2.97 mg   /   19.78% daily need*
0.37 mg   /   18.73% daily need*
- Vitamin B6
0.35 mg   /   17.42% daily need*
- Vitamin B3
3.48 mg   /   17.38% daily need*
65.98 µg   /   16.5% daily need*
2.62 mg   /   14.55% daily need*
- Vitamin B12
0.86 µg   /   14.31% daily need*
53.47 mg   /   13.37% daily need*
- Vitamin B1
0.17 mg   /   11.46% daily need*
- Vitamin B5
1.12 mg   /   11.16% daily need*
- Vitamin D
1.02 µg   /   6.82% daily need*
0.1 mg   /   5.07% daily need*
- Vitamin E
0.59 mg   /   3.94% daily need*