This recipe for broccoli-cheddar soup was provided by Foodista.com – The Cooking Encyclopedia Everyone Can Edit and it takes 45 minutes to complete. It is great for fall, and winter Unfortunately, it isn't a very popular recipe right now, but hopefully that will change soon!This recipe fits perfectly with the gluten free diet. Gluten isn't a problem with this recipe because it doesn't have any! This recipe is not considered to be sustainable if that is a consideration for you. Right now it is sitting pretty with 1 likes. This recipe isn't dairy free, so if you are lactose intolerant maybe this one isn't for you.
- 6 cups Sml Fresh Broccoli Flowerets
- 1/2 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 2 cans Low-Sodium Chicken Broth *
- Garlic Clove, minced
- teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- 1 cup Plain Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Margarine
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- teaspoon Dried Whole Oregano
- teaspoon Black Pepper
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon Dried Whole Thyme
- cup water
- 3 quarts Water
- * 10-1/2 Oz each** Reduced-Fat, shredded and divided Bring 3 quarts water to boil in a Dutch oven; add broccoli and cook 7 mins or until tender .
- Drain; set aside . Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray .
- Add margarine and place over medium heat until melted .
- Add onion and garlic; saute 5 mins or until tender . Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add broccoli and onion mixture . Process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally; set aside .
- Combine yogurt and flour in a large saucepan, stirring with a wire whisk .
- Add broth and next 6 ingredients; stir well . Cook over medium heat for 20 mins or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly .
- Add broccoli mixture; stir well .
- Add 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until melted . Ladle soup into bowls; top with remaining cheese . Yields 6cups .
Nutrients Per Serving:
179.87 cal   /   8.99% daily need*
7.56 g   /   11.64% daily need*
- Saturated Fat
3.94 g   /   24.62% daily need*
19.3 g   /   6.43% daily need*
8.44 g   /   9.37% daily need*
18.51 mg   /   6.17% daily need*
1358.5 mg   /   59.07% daily need*
11.9 g   /   23.81% daily need*
- Vitamin C
136.76 mg   /   165.77% daily need*
- Vitamin K
144.12 µg   /   137.26% daily need*
335.98 mg   /   33.6% daily need*
0.59 mg   /   29.31% daily need*
286.0 mg   /   28.6% daily need*
104.49 µg   /   26.12% daily need*
793.2 mg   /   22.66% daily need*
- Vitamin B2
0.38 mg   /   22.21% daily need*
- Vitamin A
1109.47 IU   /   22.19% daily need*
4.78 g   /   19.12% daily need*
- Vitamin B6
0.35 mg   /   17.7% daily need*
60.36 mg   /   15.09% daily need*
0.28 mg   /   14.04% daily need*
- Vitamin B5
1.29 mg   /   12.91% daily need*
1.84 mg   /   12.26% daily need*
7.78 µg   /   11.11% daily need*
1.91 mg   /   10.62% daily need*
- Vitamin B1
0.15 mg   /   10.09% daily need*
- Vitamin B3
1.81 mg   /   9.03% daily need*
- Vitamin B12
0.52 µg   /   8.69% daily need*
- Vitamin E
1.27 mg   /   8.49% daily need*