Carrot Banana Bread
This recipe for carrot banana bread was provided by Foodista.com – The Cooking Encyclopedia Everyone Can Edit and it can be completed in 75 minutes. Unfortunately, it isn't a very popular recipe right now, but hopefully that will change soon!It isn't gluten free, though, so if you are intolerant of gluten you might want to give this one a miss. This recipe fits perfectly with the lacto ovo vegetarian diet. There is dairy in this recipe, so anyone who is lactose intolerante might want to pass on it. It has 5 likes across various platforms. This one is not a sustainable recipe, so if you are concerned about the environment then maybe this one isn't for you.
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup mashed ripe Banana (about 2 large)
- 1 1/2 cup grated Carrot (about 3 large)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour, run a fork through before measuring
- 1/2 cup chopped Golden Raisins, tossed with a teaspoon of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Honey or 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped Nuts
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour, run a fork through before measuring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Butter and flour a loaf pan . Set aside .
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium mixing bowl; set aside . In a large mixing bowl whisk the yogurt and honey together .
- Add eggs and vanilla .
- Mix well .
- Add 1/4 of the flour mixture at a time and stir in - alternating with the banana and ending with the flour mixture . Scrap down sides and just mix until incorporated; don't over mix .
- Add carrot, raisins and walnuts . Stir until evenly mixed throughout . Spoon into the greased loaf pan . Sprinkle sunflower seeds over top if desired .
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean . Cool for 15 to 20 minutes .
- Remove from pan and continue cooling on wire rack . Frost with cream cheese frosting if desired . In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together on low-medium until fluffy .
- Add a cup and a half of sugar and a tablespoon of milk . Beat .
- Add more sugar and milk in small amounts beating after each addition until you get the consistency you want . Beat for two minutes on low until light and fluffy .
Nutrients Per Serving:
289.93 cal   /   14.5% daily need*
5.4 g   /   8.32% daily need*
- Saturated Fat
0.97 g   /   6.06% daily need*
56.14 g   /   18.71% daily need*
29.64 g   /   32.93% daily need*
33.62 mg   /   11.21% daily need*
261.86 mg   /   11.39% daily need*
8.1 g   /   16.19% daily need*
- Vitamin A
3273.33 IU   /   65.47% daily need*
0.97 mg   /   48.6% daily need*
17.22 µg   /   24.6% daily need*
4.11 g   /   16.45% daily need*
159.5 mg   /   15.95% daily need*
- Vitamin B2
0.24 mg   /   14.06% daily need*
- Vitamin B1
0.21 mg   /   14.0% daily need*
53.4 mg   /   13.35% daily need*
- Vitamin B6
0.24 mg   /   12.09% daily need*
0.24 mg   /   12.07% daily need*
46.8 µg   /   11.7% daily need*
- Vitamin B3
2.2 mg   /   11.0% daily need*
1.93 mg   /   10.73% daily need*
356.83 mg   /   10.2% daily need*
1.16 mg   /   7.75% daily need*
- Vitamin B5
0.6 mg   /   6.0% daily need*
52.63 mg   /   5.26% daily need*
- Vitamin C
3.49 mg   /   4.23% daily need*
- Vitamin B12
0.21 µg   /   3.52% daily need*
- Vitamin K
3.36 µg   /   3.2% daily need*
- Vitamin E
0.36 mg   /   2.41% daily need*
- Vitamin D
0.18 µg   /   1.17% daily need*