French Onion Salisbury Steak
This recipe for french onion salisbury steak was provided by Foodista.com – The Cooking Encyclopedia Everyone Can Edit and it takes 45 minutes to complete. Unfortunately, it isn't a very popular recipe right now, but hopefully that will change soon!Unfortunately, this one isn't gluten free. If gluten is something you are trying to avoid, then this recipe might not be the best option. It has 1 likes across various platforms. This one is not a sustainable recipe, so if you are concerned about the environment then maybe this one isn't for you. There is dairy in this recipe, so anyone who is lactose intolerante might want to pass on it.
- 4 slices Italian baguette, cut diagonally (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced onions
- Pinch of paprika
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Combine ground chuck, 1/4 cup parsley, scallions, salt, and pepper . Divide evenly into four portions and shape each into 1/4 to 1-inch thick oval patties .
- Place 2 tablespoons flour in a shallow dish; dredge each patty in flour . Reserve 1 teaspoon flour .
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium-high .
- Add patties and saute 3 minutes on each side, or until browned .
- Remove from pan .
- Add onions and sugar to pan; saute 5 minutes . Stir in garlic and tomato paste; saute until paste begins to brown, 1 minute . Sprinkle mixture with reserved flour, cook 1 minute . Stir in broth, wine, salt, and thyme . Return meat to pan; bring sauce to a boil . Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes .
- Serve steaks on Cheese Toasts with onion sauce ladled over .
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan . Preheat oven to 400 degrees .
- Place bread on a baking sheet .
- Combine butter, garlic, and paprika; spread on one side of each slice of bread .
- Combine cheeses and sprinkle evenly over butter .
- Bake until bread is crisp and cheese is bubbly, 10 to 15 minutes .
Nutrients Per Serving:
638.08 cal   /   31.9% daily need*
41.05 g   /   63.15% daily need*
- Saturated Fat
16.69 g   /   104.33% daily need*
30.38 g   /   10.13% daily need*
5.39 g   /   5.99% daily need*
122.75 mg   /   40.92% daily need*
1600.35 mg   /   69.58% daily need*
1.58 g   /   8.75% daily need*
33.29 g   /   66.58% daily need*
- Vitamin K
76.83 µg   /   73.17% daily need*
- Vitamin B12
3.29 µg   /   54.76% daily need*
33.82 µg   /   48.31% daily need*
6.82 mg   /   45.44% daily need*
- Vitamin B3
7.94 mg   /   39.68% daily need*
343.76 mg   /   34.38% daily need*
- Vitamin B6
0.62 mg   /   31.15% daily need*
4.71 mg   /   26.15% daily need*
102.38 µg   /   25.59% daily need*
871.07 mg   /   24.89% daily need*
- Vitamin B2
0.39 mg   /   22.71% daily need*
0.4 mg   /   19.98% daily need*
- Vitamin B1
0.3 mg   /   19.78% daily need*
- Vitamin C
13.15 mg   /   15.94% daily need*
156.59 mg   /   15.66% daily need*
- Vitamin A
667.77 IU   /   13.36% daily need*
50.34 mg   /   12.58% daily need*
2.86 g   /   11.44% daily need*
0.22 mg   /   11.19% daily need*
- Vitamin E
1.62 mg   /   10.82% daily need*
- Vitamin B5
1.03 mg   /   10.31% daily need*
- Vitamin D
0.29 µg   /   1.91% daily need*