Frozen Sour Cherry Sponge
This recipe for frozen sour cherry sponge was provided by Foodista.com – The Cooking Encyclopedia Everyone Can Edit and it takes 45 minutes to complete. Unfortunately, it isn't a very popular recipe right now, but hopefully that will change soon!It has 1 likes across various platforms. This one is not a sustainable recipe, so if you are concerned about the environment then maybe this one isn't for you. Unfortunately, this one isn't gluten free. If gluten is something you are trying to avoid, then this recipe might not be the best option. This recipe is great if you are on any of dairy free, or lacto ovo vegetarian diets. Luckily, this one won't upset your stomach if you are sensitive to dairy because it's entirely dairy free.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Frozen cherries
- 7 eggs, separated
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil (or any oil without flavor)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Vanilla sugar, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 190 C (medium heat) .
- Put the baking sheet in tray .
- Beat the egg whites well, with a pinch of salt, until hard peaks are formed .
- Mix the egg yolks, sugar, oil, vanilla with electric mixer until creamy .
- Mix baking powder in yolks mixture .
- Put the yolks into egg whites and fold with a spatula with care not to flatten the composition .
- Add sifted flour and mix in the same way .
- Pour batter in pan and spread it evenly .
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of flour over cherries and stir .
- Put the cherries in the pan, evenly .
- Bake 25 minutes or until the sponge is cooked .
- Remove to a rack and sprinkle with vanilla sugar . Wait until is cooled (if you can) .
Nutrients Per Serving:
435.26 cal   /   21.76% daily need*
12.25 g   /   18.85% daily need*
- Saturated Fat
2.36 g   /   14.76% daily need*
75.27 g   /   25.09% daily need*
63.57 g   /   70.64% daily need*
190.96 mg   /   63.65% daily need*
74.24 mg   /   3.23% daily need*
0.46 g   /   2.55% daily need*
8.84 g   /   17.67% daily need*
19.0 µg   /   27.14% daily need*
- Vitamin E
3.52 mg   /   23.45% daily need*
- Vitamin B2
0.33 mg   /   19.64% daily need*
186.36 mg   /   18.64% daily need*
461.22 mg   /   13.18% daily need*
3.19 g   /   12.76% daily need*
- Vitamin C
9.8 mg   /   11.88% daily need*
45.74 µg   /   11.43% daily need*
- Vitamin B5
1.1 mg   /   11.04% daily need*
1.89 mg   /   10.48% daily need*
0.18 mg   /   8.99% daily need*
- Vitamin B1
0.13 mg   /   8.48% daily need*
- Vitamin B6
0.16 mg   /   8.0% daily need*
77.74 mg   /   7.77% daily need*
- Vitamin B12
0.46 µg   /   7.61% daily need*
- Vitamin A
366.8 IU   /   7.34% daily need*
0.14 mg   /   6.89% daily need*
- Vitamin D
1.03 µg   /   6.84% daily need*
23.84 mg   /   5.96% daily need*
0.83 mg   /   5.55% daily need*
- Vitamin B3
0.78 mg   /   3.88% daily need*
- Vitamin K
3.5 µg   /   3.33% daily need*